Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Re: Turtle Power is a fan-made retelling of the 1987 TMNT cartoon with teen-oriented elements to the story. The genre is planned to be action/adventure, teen drama, martial arts, and science fantasy.
The story begins with a retelling of the latter half of the 1987 TMNT cartoon's pilot but with several alterations.
- Leonardo/Leo - The leader of the Ninja Turtles who is the courageous and loyal student of Master Splinter. Although he is calm, he is very enthusiastic about his role. His mask color is blue and his weapons are twin katana swords.
- Raphael/Raph - The team's hotblooded rebel. He is intensely loyal to his brothers and sensei. Though he's the strongest, his anger acts as a weakness for him. His mask color is red and his weapons are twin sai daggers.
- Donatello/Donnie - The brainy pacifist on the team. He is the least violent, but is more than willing to defend his brothers and friends. His mask color is purple and his weapon is the single Bo staff.
- Michelangelo/Mikey - The free-spirited and energetic wild child. He is the lover of video games, comic books, skateboarding, pranks and pizza. Most likely the youngest, but since they're real ages are unknown, he's assumed to be around sixteen, just like his older brothers. His mask color is orange and his weapons are twin nunchucks.
- Hamato Yoshi/Splinter - When he was human, he had a feud with Oroku Saki who later started going by the name "The Shredder". He went under cover as a scientist, and accidentally got mutated with four turtles. Now he fears what kind of trouble his sons will get into, because there are simply things he feels that they are not ready for.
- April O'Neil - The 17-year-old half-Irish, half-Japanese female who befriends Master Splinter and the Ninja Turtles.
- Casey Jones - High school student by day, vigilante by night. He has the same age as April and is a bit younger than his older brother.
- Leatherhead - A large, humanoid mutant alligator that is about twice the size of the human. He is the ally of the Ninja Turtles.