Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Sewers is the fanon animated series based on the franchise of the same name. The story of the series is inspired by several elements from 2003 and 2012 cartoon series. The story is set in New York City, Detroit, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Atlantis, the outer space, and the Dimension X. While still light-hearted, the story has a bit more darker tone in some parts. The genre has planned to be action/adventure, teen drama, comedy-drama, science fantasy, and supernatural fiction.
- The Turtles are designed in this series to look more like their 2012 versions.
- The main focus of the series is Leonardo becoming a better leader and learning to trust his friends and brothers.
- The idea of adding Krang, Rock Soldiers, the Technodrome, the Neutrinos, Bebop and Rocksteady is perfectly inspired by the IDW comics.
- The Dimension X is based on the one from the 2012 series, but in this series it has the magenta coloration and there is a major time difference between it and the earthly dimension, in which the time on Earth passes much faster than in Dimension X.
- Bebop and Rocksteady are partly inspired by their IDW versions, but they have several differences:
- Unlike their previous incarnations who are adults, Bebop and Rocksteady were the pair of teenage delinquents who enjoy vandalism and petty crime.
- They were kicked out of the gang in the past owing to their incompetence, but these versions were members of the Purple Dragons street gang.
- Rocksteady's genetic template is a white rhinoceros, but this version's genetic template is a black rhinoceros.
- Rocksteady sports a green baseball helmet with black goggles, a black football armor, and green camouflage pants.
- They lived in their dingy apartment, but in this series, they lived in the old subway car.
- They are the first teenage mutants to appear in the series.
- The Purple Dragons street gang is based on the one from 2003 cartoon, but in this series, they are merely teenage delinquents who enjoy vandalism and petty crime.
- Hun is inspired by his IDW version, but he has some differences:
- Hun is Casey's alcoholic father, but in this series, he is Casey's half-brother.
- He has a shaved head with short blonde mohawk.
- The mutagen in this series has luminous green coloration.