Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Chronicles is an animated series, based off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The main setting is an alternate universe branched off of the Mirage continuity's volume 1 with influences from both the 1990 film and the 2003 cartoon, and its character designs are inspired by the 2012 cartoon.
When doused in a canister of ooze, four turtles, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael, are mutated, along with their rat father, Splinter, making them human-like. Splinter raised them and taught them ninjutsu and with the help of their human allies, April and Casey, the turtles must defeat their most dangerous foe, the Shredder, and his ninja army, the Foot Clan. They also must face some new enemies, make new friends and will discover that there are other mutants just like them.
Main Characters Edit
The Turtles Edit
- Leonardo/Leo - The leader of the team. He is very loyal to Master Splinter and is the most skilled. He wears a blue mask and fights with twin katana swords. Leo wears two straps around his torso for his swords, a homage to Leo in the 1990 movies. He also grows closer to Karai and eventually has a crush on her.
- Raphael/Raph - The hotheaded rebel of the team.
- The series was created by JBolbotowski1.
- While still lighthearted, it has a much darker tone in some parts.
- In this incarnation, many of the characters are teenagers rather than adults.
- Karai's design is inspired by Rogue from X-Men: Evolution.